Friday, 14 April 2017

Easter weekend

I have recently taken six bags full of books to a local charity donations centre. Not carrier-bag size  bags but proper recycling bags full. It was definitely time to have a clear out, my house was full of books. They were very grateful for the donation and one of the staff came to the car to help carry them inside. Hopefully the books will make them some much needed funds.

I've always liked books, hardback books and paperback books, fiction and nonfiction and will admit that some books I'd not  even read all the way through. I'm completely addicted to books. One collection of books I will not part with though and that is these.


Yesterday I bought myself yet another book and so this is what I'm currently reading.


 I think this will be a good read to dip in and out of.

While I was in town I met a Molly lookalike called Dan. His owner was taking a rest on a town centre bench. He told me that Dan was so lazy he would like to be pushed in the wheelchair if he could :)


Today and a different town centre, a reminder that it's Good Friday today and I listened for a while to the Easter message.

I think daughter, son-in-law and Molly will be vising this weekend. We don't buy Easter eggs but will partake in just a small amount of chocolate. I have a turkey breast crown to cook with all the trimmings and hopefully we will enjoy a nice Sunday lunch with a bottle of wine.

 I wish you all a very Happy Easter.

8 comments:

  1. The shop will be very grateful for your books Eileen. A good way to pass them on and the charity can make some much needed funds.
    It sounds like you have a lovely family weekend planned. No roast dinner here but plenty of chocolate.
    Enjoy your meal. Happy Easter Eileen. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books have gone to a collection centre which distributes them to their shops and they were appreciated which was good. I'd had the books stored away for a very long time and I know I will never read them again so it was time for them to go.

      I hope you have a very Happy Easter too Jules :)

      Delete
  2. ....and here was me thinking I had a book obsession! lol...okay, hats off to you Eileen, you Win 😆

    ~ HAVE A LOVELY EASTER ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I just need to resist the urge to buy more now I've decluttered.

      Happy Easter to you too Ann :)

      Delete
  3. I used to work with a lady (who was a Sunday School teacher and very churchy). One day (I cant even remember what even started it off) but she had a huge rant at me that Easter wasnt just about chocolate! I think I got over it with a bar of dairy milk :)

    Next time you will have put them on bookcrossing :) that way you can see who picks them up (if they can be bothered to register that they have picked one up).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you make me laugh :)

      I don't think they do bookcrossing up in my area, not that I've heard of anyway. We're more likely to get fined for littering :)

      Delete
  4. You would get on well with my friends Janet and Lin, they are both great book fanatics. Janet had a huge clear out of her books a while ago and offered them to me but they aren't the sort of stories I read so I took them all up to the animal sanctuary for their on-site book shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one of those rare clear out times too. It's nice to know that they are going to raise money for charity. I had too many to take to any one shop so the centre was a good choice as there is parking directly outside.

      I wish there was that option in our area, I would have been more than happy for an animal sanctuary to benefit.

      Delete