Tuesday, 14 March 2017

We went sailing


Following on from my previous post it seems that I had sneaked through what was to be the start of three weeks work dredging the harbour. Much more of the area has been closed off for safety reasons and so we will walk elsewhere for the duration of the work. Annie's not too concerned where she goes and is quite happy to go down to any beach and she especially loves to walk along the seawall.


Yesterday, just for a change we went off to Conwy for the day. We went down to the harbour  and as luck would have it we were just in time to go on half hour sightseeing tour and as dogs were welcome on board, sailed for free, there was a concession for seniors, I thought that would be just the ticket :)


So we set sail on the Queen Victoria and the crew couldn't have been more helpful guiding us on,  Annie was made a fuss of and I was asked which dog treats she would like so we settled on Markies and she was given three to eat :) I think there were only three other couples on board and we had a front row seat :)


My photos aren't great as they were taken through the boat's window and it was a grey day but here are a few.


I won't run through the very interesting on board commentary but you can discover for yourself the links between:

Conwy and the Titanic disaster

D-Day

The Crown Jewels

The hillside site of a castle that is no longer there.

Our day out made a nice relaxing change and then it was time for lunch in a dog-friendly pub and then back home again.


8 comments:

  1. Goodness, I won't tell William that Annie has been on a cruise, we will never hear the end of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be our secret :) William would have enjoyed it,
      there were dog biscuit treats to choose from, Markies or Bonios. He'd have loved sitting on his Dad's knee for the ride too :)

      Delete
  2. free dog treats, what a bargain :)

    Sounds like you had a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A free ride and dog treats, doesn't get much better than that :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a really nice day out. How far did the boat trip take you? I might do that one myself sometime if dogs are allowed.

    I've just checked out the link for the non existant castle - I've often wondered what was up that hill above Deganwy. Somewhere else to explore I think :)

    Love the photo of Annie on the wall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only a half hour trip but the commentary was really good. It was a down river cruise with views of Llandudno West Shore, the Great Orme, Deganwy and distant views of Anglesey and Puffin Island, so says the info on their website. You could definitely tell you'd reached the sea as the ride got a bit choppier :)

      Now I've retired I'm learning all sorts of new things about the area, it's a shame I wasted so much time too busy working :)

      Annie adores walking the wall, it was a bit rough the day I took that photo. News about the dredging work at the harbour was in the local paper, at least I know for sure now what's going on there.

      Delete
  4. That looks like a nice little outing. Our previous dog absolutely adored boats (he very happily once spent all day on a fishing boat on a trip to Iona and Staffa) but Daisy is really not keen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie has been on quite a few boat rides, Lake Windermere, the river in Shrewsbury, around Puffin Island, but you know what, she's not too keen on getting her paws wet in the sea :)

      Delete