Friday, 24 February 2017

Destructive Doris

Doris woke me up in the early hours of yesterday and I couldn't get back to sleep. The wind was howling and the rain lashed it down all day. It's the first time in a long time that I didn't take Annie out for her walk. There is a little bit of damage to our garden fence, not entirely unexpected as the fence needs replacing but our hands are tied until our solicitor sorts out the boundary dispute for us which has being going on for almost a year now.

Earlier in the week I went to take some more photographs of the pier but I learned on the local news last night that it has been damaged even further in yesterday's storm. I'll post my photographs anyway as they show how derelict the pier has become. As you can see in my first photo there was a security guard on duty. I would imagine the pier will be dismantled as a matter of urgency following yesterday's further collapse.


 After taking these photos I walked Annie into town and sat at a table outside a cafe, ordered a coffee and no sooner had it been served to me it started to rain. I don't have much luck :)

6 comments:

  1. that poor pier looks like its on its last legs.

    What a shame your coffee got ruined.

    Evies school has a coffee morning this morning which I am going to go to, Im going to buy three cakes (one for each of us) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on it's last legs, it's been left to rot.

      My coffee was in a large white mug so I couldn't take it with me and I couldn't go in the cafe because I had Annie with me :(

      Enjoy your coffee and cakes :)

      Delete
  2. So sad when piers end up like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading that it's a Grade2 listed building and the Council wanted it demolished but the Welsh Government wouldn't allow it. Now it's got into a such state where it's beyond repair. Such a shame.

      Delete
  3. A shame about the coffee - I think I would have taken it with me anyway (carefully) and found somewhere nearby to shelter while I drank it, then taken the mug back afterwards :)

    A pity about the pier, maybe someone will do something about it now instead of just leaving it to rot like it has done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't feel right about walking off with a mug, never mind eh :)

      The pier is obviously in such a dangerous state, surely it has to come down as a matter of urgency. It's such a shame that over a hundred years of history will soon be gone.

      Delete